Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

Spent the day at my parents house. The kids made special 4th of July t-shirts this morning.

Picked up water balloons for the kids to play with while there.


This is the first 4th of July since both of my grandparents have passed away, leaving a bit of a shadow on our holiday. We have, for as long as I can remember, spent the day with them and my Pop's family. It is so easy to get caught up in our sadness and forget that we need to go on. There are little ones that give us reason to be happy. Now that we are moving into our new, spacious house, I want to take on these celebrations that should continue. My mother has tried and quite frankly can't handle it. I want to do it the way I remember it being done by my grandparents generation. No matter how much they had, they always knew how to throw an excellent party! Lets hope i can pull it off half as well...

July 4, 2002

1 comment:

Monica said...

Visiting from Have More Fun :) LOVE your blog header picture!!!

Monica (MMcNeill)